Discover Wonderful Houses for Rent in Pooler, GA
Pooler is a city located in Chatham County. It's approximately 20 minutes from Savannah. Homes for rent allow families to explore the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force, knock down a few pins at Frames n' Games or have a picnic at the Tom Triplett Community Park.
Facts for Renters
- In 1864, Gen. William Sherman wanted to give President Lincoln Savannah as a Christmas present. Sherman's army set up camp at Pooler Station, a nearby railway in the then quiet town.
- The city was named after Robert Pooler in 1838, a well-known resident in Savannah.
- In 1883, Ben Rothwell bought several acres of land to encourage community development in the area.
- The town built a sawmill to supply lumber to the area and a brickyard was later built to supply other needed items. The remains of the brickyard can still be seen today near the railroad that's south of I-95.
- The Pooler Rifle Club was one of the first organizations in the town. It's now the Sportsman Club.
- The town was incorporated in 1907. Today, the city has plenty of shops and dining establishments for residents to visit.
Resources for Renters
- Find out about the best spots to have a picnic or what restaurants are nearby by learning more on the Pooler town website.
- Interested in the local scoop? Looking for your fix of daily news, current events and town happenings? Check out The Spirit Newspaper, Pooler's local news publication.
- Find out when the best time to enroll children in school is, how to get involved with the school committee or what holidays schools take off by checking out the Savannah-Chatham County School District website.