Explore Houses for Rent in Powder Springs, GA
Easily accessible off Interstate 278, Powder Springs is a scenic and tranquil community that offers a rich history and some of the most breathtaking views you'll find in rural Georgia. Homes for rent in Powder Springs are just a quick drive away from major cities like Atlanta and Augusta, making it an ideal choice for commuters.
3 Facts About Powder Springs that Renters Should Know
- Incorporated in 1838 on the lands of two Cherokee Native American chiefs, the town that would later be known as Powder Springs derives its name from the seven springs that are contained within the limits of the city.
- The water in the springs includes up to 26 minerals - some of which even change the hue of sand to black. As a result, one spring is referred to as Gunpowder Springs.
- Powder Springs has a museum, referred to as the Seven Springs Museum, which is located in the downtown area. Visitors can learn more about the local history of Powder Springs, as well as take a glimpse of one of the original springs in the town.
Helpful Tips for Powder Springs Renters
- Relocating to a new town can be confusing, but you can prevent this from impacting you and your family if you move to Powder Springs by visiting the official website for the town. While you're on the site, you can get all the information you need about municipal services, upcoming community events and even learn about your new home's mayor and other elected public officials.
- Powder Springs is one of the most verdant areas in Georgia, and while you're living in this area, you should explore local parks, such as Tramore Park, Wildhorse Creek Park, Sweetwater Creek State Park and Powder Springs Park.