Find Charming Houses for Rent in Rincon, GA
Rincon is a city located in Effingham County and is approximately a half hour from the city of Savannah. Homes for rent allow families to go on a private day tour with Backwater Expeditions, revel in some German cuisine at Schnitzel Shack or grab some breakfast at the Omelette Cafe.
Facts for Renters
- Rincon was first put on the map thanks to the development of railroads in the area. Prior to these expansions, the land was fairly unpopulated and considered a "sleepy hillside."
- Chief Engineer George Wadley decided to name the town Rincon, which is Spanish for "little spot" or "corner."
- The county was named for Lord Effingham, a member of the House of Lords in London.
- Rincon slowly grew alongside the railroad tracks. The town's businesses prospered, with cotton gins, sawmills and turpentine stills finding great success.
- Government in Rincon disbanded in 1929 and came back together in 1954.
- Today, the town is home to a plethora of small businesses, grocery stores, and dining and shopping establishments.
- Rincon sits on the edge of the well-known Savannah Wildlife Refuge.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about the history of this small town, find out about local events in the area or even discover proper attire for the golf course on the town's website.
- Interested in enrolling your children in the local schools right away? Want to find out how to get involved in the town's educational system? Check out the Effingham County Schools website.
- Renters looking for the local scoop on news, current events or even just the weather can learn all about it on the Effingham Herald website.