Find Houses for Rent in Sharpsburg, GA
Sharpsburg splits the middle between Peachtree City and Newnan, providing a rural lifestyle along with plenty of entertainment options. The town's combination of slow-paced living and nearby attractions lends homes for rent in Sharpsburg an alluring charm for many renters.
Interesting Sharpsburg Facts
- Sharpsburg is located in Coweta County, originally part of the Creek Nation.
- Local legislation prohibiting alcohol lasted only two years in Sharpsburg, beginning in 1877 and ending in 1879.
- A number of significant individuals hail from Sharpsburg, including actor Rusty Stevens, congressional district representative Lynn A. Westmoreland and athlete Keith Brooking.
- Sharpsburg's tenure in Coweta County started in 1871, the year of the town's incorporation. The public well became the center of town and the municipality expanded its boundaries in 1898.
Practical Sharpsburg Resources
- Local tools for Sharpsburg renters, such as municipal contact information, can be found at the Town of Sharpsburg website.
- The Coweta County official website can help with queries about the Sharpsburg area at large with its pages on government departments and services.
- To stay abreast of nearby business news and opportunities, the website of the Newnan & Coweta Georgia Chamber provides useful information.
Things to Do Near Sharpsburg
The Hunter Recreation Complex is located about 2 miles from Sharpsburg rentals and covers more than 50 acres. The complex has a variety of facilities, including tennis courts, a gymnasium, walking fields, football fields, adult softball fields and youth baseball fields. Less than 15 minutes away, in Peachtree City, there are multiple hotspots for children to play and explore. For instance, Urban Jungle Entertainment gives kids the chance to climb a giant rock wall, play laser tag and navigate a laser maze. Down the road, at Rockbridge, kids can try out a tumble track and foam pit, air cannons and bungee trampolines.