252 Houses for Rent in Springfield, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Springfield House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Beautiful Houses for Rent in Springfield, GA
Springfield is a city located in Effingham County and approximately 10 minutes from the town of Rincon. Homes for rent allow families to grab a slice at Bambino's Pizza, indulge in some southern cooking at Poppy's BBQ or go kayaking down Ebenezer Creek.
Facts for Renters
- Springfield is the county seat for Effingham County. It was selected for the role in 1799. Early on, the town prospered thanks to the booming railroad and sawmill industries.
- It's considered a "City of Ethics".
- Like many towns in the South, the land was given a "square town plan." The area began with the courthouse and slowly houses were built around it.
- The main street in Springfield is still lined by homes that once served as a spot for residents and visitors to hitch a horse or a carriage.
- The town still has many of its original structures, such as historical homes and the courthouse. It also has the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, which still has original features such as its stained glass windows. The church was built in 1909.
- The area is known for its relaxed atmosphere and welcoming residents. Many of the business owners will greet patrons by name and families will still go on evening walks together.
Resources for Residents
- Interested in learning about school enrollment dates or when parent-teacher conferences are? Find out all you need to know on the Effingham County School District website.
- Check out the town website to learn more about the history of this old-fashioned town or just find out about fun activities to do.
- Want to get your fix of local news and current events? Read the local publication the Effingham Herald.