50 Houses for Rent in Statesboro, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Statesboro House Options
Find Wonderful Houses for Rent in Statesboro, GA
Statesboro is a charming city in Bulloch County. It's the county's largest city and is the county seat. Statesboro is approximately an hour outside of Savannah. Homes for rent allow families to have some fun at the Clubhouse at Hackers, enjoy a little history at the 67 Antique Mall or grab a bite to eat at the South City Tavern.
Facts for Renters
- The town was originally recognized by the state in 1803. However, it wasn't incorporated until 1866.
- In 1892, the city enforced a rule that a person with any goods or items had to pay for a license. A one-horse wagon cost $5 and a two-horse wagon cost $7.50. This rule helped create revenue from taxing the travelers and helped regulate traffic.
- In 1894, all males over the age of 18 had to work on the roads. They had to provide their own tools and if they didn't come, they were fined 50 cents each day.
- In 1917, the town enacted a business license ordinance. Today, the town still has an occupational tax on all businesses.
- The city appointed a city physician each year until 1967.
- The city also was quarantined for small pox and scarlet fever in the late 1800s.
Resources for Residents
- Renters can visit the town website to learn more about the town's governmental history and politics, or find out about upcoming events.
- Need your local scoop on the latest news and current events? Want to plan your week based on the weather? Check out the Statesboro Herald to find out.
- Enroll your children in local schools or find out how to get involved with other parents and interact with teachers using the Bulloch County School System website.