Discover Houses for Rent in Warner-Robins GA
Warner-Robins is a city located in Houston county. It's approximately 30 minutes from the city of Macon. Homes for rent allow families to learn about the art of flying at the Museum of Aviation, play a few games at Game On! Sports Cafe or share some family laughs at Johnny G's Fun Center.
Facts for Renters
- Warner-Robins has an ideal location in Georgia. It's surrounded by both mountains and seacoasts and is near cities and rural towns.
- The town was fairly unknown until a few people settled in the area around the 1940s. It first was called Wellston, which was the county seat. Wellston was the site for the Army Air Corps Depot in World War II. The town's name was changed after Gen. Augustine Warner Robins in 1940. In 1943, the town was incorporated.
- The airbase was reactivated during the Korean War. The activation brought prosperity and jobs to the area, allowing the local economy to boom.
- The town is known as Georgia's "International City," and has astounding schools, a strong recreation program and large shopping center.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know the town and the area a little more by visiting the town website. It also has resources for emergency contacts and a history on why the town is so exemplary.
- Enroll your children in the superior school system in Warner-Robins or just find out how to get involved on the school committee to help plan events such as bake sales by visiting the Houston County Schools website.
- Read up on current events and local news or just find out the weather for the weekend on The Telegraph website.