Discover Houses for Rent in Elmhurst, Illinois
Elmhurst is located in Dupage and Cook counties. Nearby cities include Berkeley, Villa Park, Northlake and Hillside. The train station is located on West 1st Street in Elmhurst, where people can catch a train to the nearest cities. The city itself is comprised of Elmhurst College and the Elmhurst Community Unit School District, which has a number of primary, secondary and post-secondary public schools. The college, located about a half hour away from Chicago, is a liberal arts school with over 50 majors and an array of athletic teams. In addition to its educational foundation, there are plenty of opportunities in Elmhurst, which is just one reason why it's a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Elmhurst
- The downtown area is made up of a number of restaurants and shops. Grab a bite to eat at South 100 Chop House and Grill whether you're in the mood for a nice steak dinner or refreshing martini. The establishment serves both lunch and dinner and patrons may make a reservation ahead of time via the restaurant's website.
- Head to Fitz's Spare Keys for an evening of family entertainment. The vintage bowling alley has food, drinks, six pool tables and live musicians on Fridays. The venue is available for parties and they hold special events including trivia nights.
- Sign your children up for a program through the Elmhurst Park District. Options include martial arts, gymnastics, racquetball and tennis.
Information for Renters
- Visit the Elmhurst Park District website if you'd like more information on sports teams and fitness programs.
- Check out the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce if you're interested in becoming a member or if you're seeking information on local businesses.