Find Houses for Rent in Morton, IL
Morton is a village located in Tazewell County. It's approximately 13 minutes from the city of Peoria. This village is a great place for homes for rent because it's located near a major city in Illinois, close to various waterways such as Peoria Lake and nearby a major highway known as Route 74 for an easy commute into the city.
Facts for Renters
- The village was initially settled in the 1800s and soon became known for the bricks and tiles distributed by the Rapp & Brick Tile Works. The tiles became useful for the village. Residents used them to drain the area around Morton, which helped create a plethora of fertile farmland.
- Soon the tile business developed into a pottery industry that mainly created utensils and kitchenware. This business peaked until the 1950s.
- Morton then became known for growing pumpkins. A canning plant was soon developed and became incredibly beneficial for the community by providing jobs and boosting commerce. Today, the plant is owned by Nestle USA/Libby's. The massive company uses about 5,000 acres of land in the town to harvest and package pumpkins. More than 80 percent of the world's canned pumpkin is grown in fields in Morton.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about the interesting history of this town or find out how long the pumpkin harvest season lasts by visiting the Morton website.
- Get to know the school staff or what to expect in the cafeteria by visiting the Morton District 709 Schools website.
- Yearning for breaking news or current events going on in the area? Check out the Morton Times-News to get your fix.