Discover Houses for Rent in Westchester, IL
Families looking for homes for rent have to balance the needs for safety and a sense of security with the desire for a cosmopolitan atmosphere. If you relocate to Westchester, Illinois, the balancing act won't be necessary. As part of Cook County, your family would be living near the major metropolis of Chicago while enjoying a quiet and cozy suburban setting.
Fun Facts for Renters in Westchester
- Westchester is about 15 miles away from Chicago, making day trips for shopping, art and culture easy.
- During the Great Depression, the population of Westchester continued to grow steadily in part because of its proximity to the rapid transit line.
- Renters in Westchester can enjoy the Forest Preserves of Cook County, which covers 69,000 acres of public land.
- Just before being purchased by Samuel Insull in 1924, the area known as Westchester was primarily farmland owned by German farmers since the mid-19th century.
- During the summer and autumn, the city of Westchester hosts several fun outdoor activities, including music festivals, fireworks and movies in the park.
Resources for Renters in Westchester
Students in Westchester may attend one of several public or private schools. Triton College and Elmhurst College are also in the area.
- The Westchester Park District offers fun activities for young residents all year long. The district includes swimming pools, community centers, fitness centers and banquet facilities.
- Entrepreneurs can turn to the Westchester Chamber of Commerce for help in getting established.
- The Pace Bus and Forest Park Blue Line are available to commuters.
- The Westchester website provides information on what forms of waste are accepted by Waste Management. There are also tips about recyclables.