59 Houses for Rent in Wheeling, Illinois
Number of Bedrooms
Wheeling House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Houses for Rent in Wheeling, IL
The best homes for rent can be found in communities that have one foot steeped in a rich history and another walking forward into the future. If that sounds like a good place to put down roots and raise your family, Wheeling, Illinois, may be the best spot for you. As part of Cook County, which includes the nearby community of Arlington Heights you'll be living in a part of the state that's known for balancing modernity with the past and an appreciation for the outdoors.
Fun Facts for Renters in Wheeling
- When Wheeling was incorporated in 1894, it was primarily known as an overnight stop for Chicago travelers who were heading to Wisconsin.
- Wheeling's renowned Restaurant Row has its origins as a string of taverns in the 1830s.
- In the old days, landscapers knew that Wheeling was the place to go if they needed to purchase premium products from a nursery.
- During the 1960s, Wheeling was a hub for industry and manufacturing.
- Chicago is about 30 miles away from Wheeling, so frequent day trips for art, culture, shopping and fine dining aren't hard to plan.
- There are eight parks scattered throughout Wheeling. Different locations will have gymnasiums, soccer fields, ice skating rinks and other facilities for activity and exercise.
Resources for Renters in Wheeling
- Primary and middle school students attend classes in Community Consolidated School District 21 and Prospect Heights School District 23. Secondary education is through Township High School District 214's Wheeling and Buffalo Grove high schools.
- With its central location in proximity to major transportation routes, Wheeling's economy sports a major competitive edge.
- The Senior Services Division offers physical, mental and social care.
- The Solid Waste and Recycling Page contains information on collection dates, refuse organization and senior discounts.