Find Houses for Rent in Brownsburg, IN
Brownsburg is a town in Hendricks County. It's approximately 30 minutes from Indianapolis, a destination city with plenty to do. Homes for rent in the area give families the opportunity to explore the town and surrounding regions. Go horseback riding at the Natural Valley Ranch. Test out your bowling skills and see if you can get a few strikes at Brownsburg Bowl. Grab a beer and a brew at one of the local hangouts, the Quarter Mile Pub.
Facts for Renters
- From the get-go, Brownsburg was very educationally focused. This town was the first to create a log cabin for a school. Soon after, many surrounding towns and cities took note and did the same, which made log cabins a common structure for schools. Prior to Brownsburg school, many were made out of brick. The institution was non-discriminatory, and had students between the age of six and 43.
- Brownsburg was named after James Brown, the town's first settler. When Brown came to the area, it was mainly undiscovered. Only hunters and trappers would occasionally visit this barren place.
- Brownsburg first began as a township, and was later divided into Brownsburg and the Lincoln township, which was named after President Lincoln to show support for the Civil War.
- In 1848, the town hosted its first election. Ten votes were cast by men in the town.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know the area better or discover what you can do in town by visiting the Brownsburg website.
- Learn more about local schools and figure out when they decided to move out of the log cabin by checking out the Brownsburg Community School Corporation.
- Find out what current events are going on or just learn what local news is breaking by reading the Indianapolis Star.