Find Houses For Rent in Crown Point, IN
Crown Point is a city located in Lake County. It's approximately 30 minutes from Hammond. Homes for rent in the area give people the opportunity to explore and get to know the city of Crown Point better. Cool off and have a thrilling experience at the Deep River Water Park, which has plenty of different rides for the family to enjoy. Take in a little nature at the Lemon Lake County Park, where fishing is allowed, or quench your thirst and grab a beer at 513 Ale House.
Facts for Renters
- Solon Robinson and his family were the first settlers in Crown Point. Robinson and his brother were the first to open a general store in town.
- In the summer of 1837, the first courthouse was built for a mere $500. The building was funded by Robinson.
- The well-known presidential candidate, William Jennings Bryan, had one of his candidate speeches on the courthouse steps.
- A second courthouse was built, which became more frequently used than the first one. The older courthouse ended up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Today, the historical museum of the city is within the old courthouse.
- Locals believe that the first car race in Indiana was held in their very own town. Known as the Cobe Cup Car Race, it was a 25-mile race that first occurred in 1909. It has happened every year since, and is seen as the predecessor to the Indianapolis 500.
Resources for Renters