Explore Beautiful Houses for Rent in Grimes, IA
Grimes is located less than 20 minutes by car from nearby Urbandale. This city offers homes for rent in a community-focused area with lots of natural beauty.
Facts for Renters About Grimes
- Right Stuf Inc. is a popular independent video publisher from Japanese movies and content. The company's headquarters and main distribution center are located in Grimes.
- The city is named for James W. Grimes, who was a senator and eventually the third governor of Iowa. It was founded in 1881 and incorporated in 1894.
- The area is home to a 7,000-year-old archeological site where over 6,000 artifacts were found. The site is nicknamed "The Palace" because of its size and the quality of preservation that the artifacts had.
Resources for Renters in Grimes
- For details on how to get involved in the Grimes Chamber and Economic Development Organization, renters can look to the groups's website, which also gives insight into the area's business and economy.
- Renters who want to pay bills online or learn about all that the community has to offer can utilize the City of Grimes official website.
- Parents can learn about enrollment, after-school programs and school events at the Dallas Center - Grimes Community School District Web page.
Attractions Near Grimes
Grimes annually hosts the Governors Days, which are full of parades, live music, a carnival and races that truly bring out the spirit of community in this city. Grimes also boasts plenty of natural wonders. There are many complexes where renters can practice their swing for baseball. Playgrounds are available in some of the parks for children to play on, and there are several local parks filled with beautiful flora and fauna that are great for runs, walks and bike rides.