72 Houses For Rent in Le Mars, IA
Number of Bedrooms
Le Mars House Options
Explore Gorgeous Houses for Rent in Le Mars, IA
This self-proclaimed "Ice Cream Capital of the World" is located near Sioux City. Homes for rent in Le Mars have more to offer than just sugary treats, since it also has plenty of chances for recreation and culture.
Facts for Renters About Le Mars
- Before the city existed, the area was just a small railroad junction. Railroad builder John I. Blair arrived there in the company of several ladies and asked the women to name the city that would be built around the junction. They arranged their initials to form "Le Mars."
- In the late 1800s, many young British men came to the area to learn to farm. They were often second or third sons who couldn't inherit the family estate, and thus had to find a suitable trade.
- The two Wells Dairy plants in Le Mars produce 100 million gallons of ice cream each year.
Resources for Renters
- The Le Mars Public Library website allows renters to chat with librarians, explore books and do research. It also has the hours and location of the library.
- Renters can use the Blue Bunny Ice Cream parlor website to look at the menu, read about the building's history and book party rooms for events and functions.
- The Le Mars Daily Sentinel newspaper is available online. There, renters can read up on news, weather and sports.
Attractions in Le Mars
Le Mars' most well-known attraction is the Blue Bunny Ice Cream Parlor and Museum. Renters can take tours to learn more about the history of the Wells Dairy Company and nibble on some of their popular confections. Cultural offerings include the Le Mars Community Theater, the Le Mars Municipal Band and the Plymouth County Historical Museum. There are also over a dozen parks and campgrounds for outdoor adventures.