Explore Beautiful Houses for Rent in Muscatine, IA
Muscatine is situated just west of Davenport. Homes for rent in this pristine city offer access to a variety of entertainment and a family-friendly atmosphere.
Facts for Renters about Muscatine
- Muscatine is the only city in the world with this name. The name has two possible etymologies: It either comes from the Mascoutin tribe of Native Americans, or the Native American word for the island that shares the city's moniker.
- Samuel Clemens, popularly known as Mark Twain, lived for a time in the city and remarked that it had the most beautiful sunsets of anywhere in the world.
- Muscatine has 10 sister cities, spanning across Argentina, Japan, Ukraine, China and more.
Resources for Renters
- In the early 20th century, Muscatine was the world's largest producer of pearl buttons and a huge industrial city. Renters who want to learn more about the local industrial history can check out the Muscatine History and Industry Center Web page for facts and details about tours.
- Renters can find more information on area attractions at the Visit Muscatine website, which includes lists of events, shops and restaurants.
- To keep up to date on local and national news, check the weather or read about community issues, renters can read the Muscatine Journal in print or online.
This riverside city has plenty of good, clean fun for renters. The Muscatine County Fair has 4-H competitions, carnival rides, games, food and even a bull riding event. The That Was Then ... This Is Now Boat Show features shows for boats of every kind, from historical to modern, as well as car shows and contests for the children. Events like the Eagles and Ivories Ragtime Festival combine ragtime and jazz piano shows with conservation efforts for the bald eagle, our nation's most treasured bird.