Find Your Next House for Rent in Solon, IA
Solon is an Iowa city located in Johnson County. Near North Liberty and Cedar Rapids, it's part of the Iowa City metropolitan area, meaning transportation to the big city is a breeze for those who need to commute from their homes for rent. With a charming small-town feel and plenty of nearby attractions and amenities, Solon calls itself "A place to put down roots" for a reason.
General Information About Solon
- Solon was platted in 1840 and is named for the classical Athenian statesman, lawmaker and lyric poet Solon.
- There are many outdoor recreational opportunities in Solon and the surrounding area. From playgrounds and a pavilion at Randall Park to all kinds of outdoor activities at Lake Macbride State Park, nature enthusiasts will be pleased.
- Solon has two arterial roadways, including Iowa Highway 1 and County Road F-16/Old Iowa Highway 382.
- Police services in the city are provided by the Johnson County Sheriff's Department. The Solon Fire Department is a volunteer organization with more than 30 members.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Solon has a website that allows new residents to get better acquainted with the community. With meeting agendas and minutes, forms and applications, upcoming events, department contact information and employment resources, it's got everything a renter needs to feel comfortable in the city.
- The Solon Community School District oversees several wonderful schools in the area. Parents and students should check out its website for event calendars, news and more information about each facility.
- Johnson County has a website with more information about Solon and the surrounding area. It's a great way to get connected with neighboring cities and find out what's happening locally.
- The Solon Public Library is a helpful resource for students and those looking to conduct personal research or find new entertainment options.