Search for the Perfect House for Rent in Washington, IA
Washington is a city in Iowa that's located near Columbus Junction and Fairfield. As the seat of Washington County and part of the Iowa City metropolitan area, the city has plenty of modern amenities for renters to enjoy. Homes for rent in the area offer easy commutes, access to fun area events and great schools for renters with families.
Interesting Facts About Washington
- Washington is in one of the top livestock- and grain-producing areas in the country.
- The city has more than a dozen churches and over 100 social and service clubs and organizations for renters to join.
- Several annual events occur in the city, including a seasonal, weekly farmers market, concerts, car shows, craft shows, a Fourth of July celebration, Relay for Life, a lighted Christmas parade, a Christmas Tour of Homes, and more.
- Sunset Park in the city features a wooden playground, an aquatic center, an 18-hole disc golf course, a bike and skateboard area, picnic tables, basketball courts and even a dog park for renters and their families.
- The Kewash Nature Trail offers citizens 13 miles of top-notch hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- The city of Washington has a great website that'll help new renters get up to speed on what's going on in the community. From announcements to event calendars, department contact information, parks services and more, everything a new resident needs can be found on the site.
- Explore Washington County's website for more information about Washington and the surrounding area. It's a useful resource for families looking for fun activities to stay busy nearby.
- Visit the Washington Public Library's website for community news, special events and entertainment options. You can even access the catalog online to look for reading material.