Find Your Ideal House for Rent in Waukee, IA
Waukee is a city in Dallas County, Iowa, located near Clive and Urbandale. As part of the Des Moines - West Des Moines metropolitan area, homes for rent offer convenient commutes for those who work in either city. With the slogan, "The Key to Good Living," Waukee is a family-friendly community with plenty of attractions and amenities to keep every renter safe, happy and healthy.
Interesting Facts About Waukee
- Waukee was originally named Shirley by Gen. L.A. Grant and Maj. William Ragan around 1869. However, when people working at the Des Moines Valley Railroad heard about the name, they decided it should be changed to have some kind of Native American significance, and Waukee was decided on. No one is sure what the word means, but some speculate that it has to do with water.
- Waukee was incorporated in July 1878.
- The city of Waukee's logo involves a key. The original design was made by Jerome Volkmer, who won a contest for the creation of a Waukee town emblem in 1973.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Waukee has a lovely website that has everything a new renter needs to get situated in the city. From news and announcements to event calendars, business information, department contacts and city services, you'll find the answer to any question on the site.
- The Waukee Community School District's website is the place to go for parents and students interested in learning more about local education options.
- Check out the Waukee Parks and Recreation Department's website to sign up for activities, reserve a facility or learn more about what's offered each season.
- Visit the Waukee Area Chamber of Commerce's page to learn more about the community, join the organization if you've got a business and find local business opportunities and offerings.