Find Houses for Rent in Andover, KS
Andover is a city in Butler County, just outside of Wichita. Homes for rent in the area give families the opportunity to get to know this city better. Grab a bite at the Hereford House, known for its high-end cuisine that serves up seafood and steak. If you're looking for a quick meal at lunch, try out Metro Grill II, which has interesting spins on the average American sandwiches. For a casual dining experience, grab a slice at Poplar Restaurant.
Facts for Renters
- Aside from the mom and pop establishments, there's also plenty of chain restaurants in town, including Applebee's, KFC, Papa John's and Wendy's.
- The area where Andover is now was initially known as Minneha, and was later changed to Cloud City by Native Americans in the region.
- Before Andover was established, it was part of the Bruno township.
- One of Andover's first buildings was the United Methodist Church, which began as a Sunday school in 1873.
- The first post office was built in Minneha, which now doesn't exist. However, the facility held the name for awhile.
- The city got off to an interesting start, as the first established business in town was a trading post.
Resources for Renters
- Find out more about the city of Andover and figure out how you can get involved in city government or the community by visiting the Andover website.
- Learn about the local schools and find out how you can get involved in some fundraisers by checking out the Andover Public Schools website.
- Get information on current events and breaking news in the region by picking up a copy of the local newspaper, the Augusta Gazette.