Explore Houses for Rent in Baker, LA
Just a few miles east of Baton Rouge lies Baker, a city with thriving industry and commerce as well as plenty of natural beauty. Baker is home to both booming businesses and stunning lakes, striking the perfect balance for those who like a bustling city feel yet also enjoy outdoor activities. With its numerous shopping centers, parks and museums, Baker offers something for everyone looking for homes for rent in the Greater Baton Rouge area.
Fun Facts About Baker
- Baker was founded in 1812, but wasn't officially proclaimed a village until the 20th century. The city is named after plantation owner Josephus Baker.
- The city hosts the Baker Buffalo Festival each year. The family-friendly festival, which includes live music, a parade and a car show, began in 1993 as a fundraiser for schools in the area. All proceeds from the popular event are still donated to the city's public elementary, middle and high schools.
- There are more churches per capita in Baker than any other city in Louisiana.
Helpful Baker Resources for Future Renters
- The City of Baker official website provides prospective and current renters with information on the city's government, public works programs and upcoming municipal events.
- Individuals who are interested in the education services available in the city can visit the City of Baker School System website.
- Questions about one of Baker's largest places of worship, the Miracle Place Church, can be answered at the church's official website.
Things to Do in Baker
The Greenwood Community Park is a popular spot for residents. As one of the largest parks in East Baton Rouge Parish, Greenwood offers a slew of amenities and outdoor activities. Visitors can head to The Waterfront and rent a kayak or canoe, or play a round of golf on one of the park's several courses. Meanwhile, the Heritage Museum allows residents to step back in time to the days of country stores and one-room schoolhouses.