Explore Houses for Rent in Bossier City, LA
Although it's the sister city to nearby Shreveport, Bossier City has made a name of its own. The sprawling northwest Louisiana city has been a leader in the oil industry for more than a century, making homes for rent in Bossier City in the center of thriving industry and commerce. Located along the Red River just across the way from Shreveport, Bossier City is home to a wide range of attractions, ensuring that there's something within city limits for every resident.
Interesting Facts About Bossier City
- The city was known as Bennett's Bluff during the 1830s due to the large plantation owned by William Bennett and his money-printing business, the Cane & Bennett Trading Post.
- In 1908, crude oil was discovered in the area, causing Bossier City to garner national attention. The discovery led several major oil companies to settle in the city.
- Country singers David Allan Coe and Johnny Rodriguez have both written songs about Bossier City.
Helpful Bossier City Resources for New Renters
- The Bossier City official website provides information on the municipality's government and various departments.
- Interested individuals can discover the city's cultural attractions, vibrant nightlife and eclectic restaurant and bar scene at the website for the Shreveport - Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
- All local news can be found at the online edition of the Bossier Press-Tribune.
Things to Do in Bossier City
Many of Bossier City's leisure activities take place along the Red River, where residents can take a stroll through several resort casinos, shopping centers and a Louisiana Boardwalk, which offers a slew of restaurants and entertainment venues. Nature lovers may also enjoy some of Bossier City's outdoor recreational activities, including barbecue cookouts or fishing at Cypress Lake, or taking a boat cruise along Red River. The city also has several luxury golf courses and plenty of park space.