Locate Your Next House for Rent in Deridder, LA
Found a short drive from Lake Charles, this community in Beauregard Parish is entrenched in rich Louisiana history. Families interested in homes for rent in Deridder will never experience a shortage of things to do.
Fun Facts About Deridder for New Residents
- Every February, volunteers reenact the historic Battle of Hickory Creek, which occurred during the Civil War. Residents can witness a part of American history with authentic weaponry and military tactics.
- Treasure City Market in Deridder is open all year long for residents to visit and shop. It's a flea market that specializes in antiques, furniture and other collectibles.
- The oldest running agricultural fair in Louisiana, the Beauregard Parish Fair has been around for more than 80 years. Food booths litter the grounds and Goldstar Amusements provides the numerous attractions.
Important Resources for New Renters in Beauregard Parish
- The Beauregard Parish School Board strives to provide an educational environment that empowers and challenges its students. It aims to adequately prepare students for the challenges of the world outside school.
- The Beauregard Parish Library is headquartered in Deridder and provides easy access to a diverse amount of resources. Citizens can participate in summer reading programs and use its public access computers to surf the Internet at their leisure.
- Working to improve the community, the Greater Beauregard Parish Chamber of Commerce is united to give citizens a higher quality of life. The organization draws ideas and talents in order to better the city's business and residents' success as owners.
What to Do in Deridder
A city immersed in heritage, family values and recreational activities, residents of Deridder will always have smiles on their faces as they enjoy the neighborly love of this community.