Find Your Next House for Rent in Gretna, LA
Located near the hub of New Orleans, this lovely city in Louisiana attracts families from all over the state to its lush landscapes and neighborly streets. Homes for rent in Gretna are perfect for people looking to settle down in a quiet, scenic community in the South.
Fun Facts for New Residents About Gretna
- Aquatic enthusiasts will frequent Exotic Fish Bowl, one of the oldest aquarium stores in the area. With a wide selection of fresh and saltwater fish, it's the premier store for individuals who love sea life.
- The German-American Cultural Center details the contributions of German immigrants to Louisiana's history through lectures, programs and other educational activities. It sponsors special events throughout the year, including a three-day event on its grounds at the beginning of every October.
- Traveling north brings residents to the Stonebridge Golf Club of New Orleans, one of the most luxurious courses in the region. With luxurious greens and top-of-the-line clubhouse facilities, golfers of any skill level can enjoy the links of Stonebridge.
Useful Resources for New Gretna Renters
- The Gretna Library is one of the newest facilities in all of Jefferson Parish. With a 1,000-square-foot meeting room and collection spanning more than 7,200 items, it looks to meet the educational needs of the city's residents.
- Visitors to the Gretna Historical Society Museum, built by German immigrants in 1840, can gain insight into the history of the city's roots. Treasures and artifacts dating back to the early 20th century highlight the informational exhibits of this quaint museum.
- The Jefferson Parish School System provides Gretna with some of the best educational programs in the state. It strives to put students first and meet their many individual needs, both academically and socially.
What to Do in Gretna
The city's prime location near the center of Louisiana and close proximity to the city of New Orleans affords the residents of Gretna countless attractions and fun for the whole family.