Find Your Next House for Rent in Haughton, LA
Located outside the city of Shreveport, this Bossier Parish community thrives off of family values and a strong sense of friendship between residents. Families interested in homes for rent will love Haughton's spectacular location in northwestern Louisiana.
Interesting Facts About Haughton for New Residents
- On call 24/7, the Department of Public Works in Haughton maintains the integrity of the water supply for the town. Additionally, employees provide animal and mosquito control services.
- Education is managed by the Bossier Parish School Board, which is one of the fastest growing school districts in Louisiana. It provides a wide range of learning opportunities for students, including Advanced Placement classes and enhanced enrichment courses.
- The Haughton Public Library falls under the Bossier Parish Libraries System and offers story time events during the day for young children. During the summer, it runs reading programs for the town's youths to obtain knowledge outside the classroom.
Important Resources for Renters New to Haughton
- For an educational experience, residents can visit the Touchstone Wildlife and Art Museum. It has multiple exhibits and displays of animals from around the world, expanding the minds of visitors with rich history and knowledge.
- The Haughton Police Department serves the town with expert protection and law enforcement. Through effective training, officers work to provide a safe environment for all residents and visitors.
- Educating citizens on safety standards, the Haughton Fire Department aims to protect the town's residents from the threat of fire and other accidents. Its website has informational programs for children to learn the basics of fire safety.
What to Do in Haughton
Only a 10-minute drive from the metropolitan hub of Shreveport-Bossier, the town of Haughton is perfect for families looking for a tight-knit community that promotes interaction and friendship.