Discover Your Next House for Rent in Jonesboro, LA
Found outside of Shreveport, this town in Jackson Parish is full of social and recreational opportunities for families of all sizes to enjoy. Homes for rent in Jonesboro benefit from the community's location along the state's major highways.
Interesting Facts About Jonesboro for New Renters
- Each year, the town holds its Christmas Wonderland in the Pines yuletide festival that draws in visitors and tourists from all over north Louisiana. Boasting 9,000,000 lights that are strung around the town, a parade is organized to coincide with the celebration.
- In addition to Wonderland, Jonesboro conducts the yearly Sunshine Festival, which showcases classic cars, antique tractors and local food establishments. There are also numerous game booths for children.
Important Resources for Residents New to Jonesboro
- The schools in Jonesboro are under the Jackson Parish School Board, one of Louisiana's finest education systems. Through dedicated instruction and passionate teaching, the students help build a better future for the community.
- The Jackson Parish Library is headquartered in Jonesboro, offering citizens unparalleled access to books, DVDs and other valuable resources. It also offers eBook options for individuals who use tablets and smartphones for reading on the go.
- Keeping residents safe, the Jackson Parish Sheriff's Office is dedicated to providing high-quality and effective law enforcement. It uses an emergency notification system of phone calls, emails and texts to alert citizens about real-time crime and weather warnings.
What to Do in Jonesboro
The town of Jonesboro is compiled from years of agricultural and community history, affording citizens access to social events that bring them together throughout the year. With Shreveport a short drive away, residents can venture out from the rural tranquility of home for the thrill of city life in Louisiana.