161 Houses for Rent in Lafayette, Louisiana
Number of Bedrooms
Lafayette House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Lafayette, LA
Found west of Baton Rouge, the city of Lafayette is one of Louisiana's largest, located along the Vermilion River in the southwest region of the state. Homes for rent in this budding community are perfect for families interested in the excitement of city life.
Fun Facts About Lafayette for New Renters
- The city is teeming with unique heritage and culture that's firmly rooted in Cajun Country. Restaurants are full of Creole delicacies such as seafood gumbo and jambalaya, complete with bluegrass music consisting of accordions and fiddles.
- A member of The Heart of Acadiana, Lafayette boasts multiple year-round festivals, including Mardi Gras, Festival International de Louisiana, the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival and the "Le Cajun" Music Awards Festival.
- Both Acadian Village and Vermilionville, two unique attractions in Lafayette, bring visitors back to the early days of life in the South. Each portrays the lifestyles of 18th- and 19th-century settlers in rural Louisiana.
Important Resources for Residents New to Lafayette
- The Acadia Center for the Arts provides the city with more than 30 years of experience with community outreach and art education. Located in downtown Lafayette, it preserves the culture of Louisiana with authentic performing arts and exhibits.
- Providing high-quality educational materials, the Lafayette Public Library System looks to improve the quality of life of its community through its cost-effective services. Its staff seeks to meet the needs of a diverse population with life-long learning and cultural enrichment.
- The Lafayette Science Museum offers hands-on experiences to spark curiosity in the minds of all its visitors. Its many exciting exhibits look to prove that fun has no prejudice when it comes to age.
What to Do in Lafayette
Fully immersed in Cajun history and bursting at the seams with delicious five-star restaurants and authentic Southern living, Lafayette is an intoxicating city that families will never want to leave.