110 Houses for Rent in New Iberia, Louisiana
Number of Bedrooms
New Iberia House Options
Discover Great Houses for Rent in New Iberia, LA
New Iberia is a large community in southern Louisiana just off Route 90, near Lafayette. Homes for rent in New Iberia give families the chance to live in a diverse community that was founded hundreds of years ago. First founded by the Spanish, then settled by the French and eventually the home of many African Americans, a rich history formed and made way for an eclectic community. People who rent in New Iberia will be able to join this unique heritage and add their own chapter. With an independent movie theater, a campus of Louisiana Technical College and dozens of parks, there really is something for the whole family in New Iberia.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- New Iberia embraces the culinary traditions of Cajun and Creole cultures with dishes like crawfish etouffee, chicken and sausage jambalaya, pralines and hot pepper jelly.
- The city's name, "New Iberia," is a compromise between the English name "New Town" and the Spanish "Nueva Iberia," after the peninsula that Spain exists on.
- New Iberia hosts a slew of cultural festivals. The Louisiana Sugar Cane Festival and Fair, the World Championship Gumbo Cook-Off and Mardi Gras are some of the biggest events residents attend each year.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The New Iberia Parish School Board prepares a large population of local children for the world after high school.
- The New Iberia mayor's office works to represent each citizen in city affairs in order to maintain a superb community.
- The Iberia Parish Sheriff's Department protects the residents of New Iberia and surrounding communities.
Live in New Iberia
New Iberia gives families a safe and unique place to live. Between the festivals, beautiful surroundings and variety of cultural opportunities, everyone will be able to find something he or she will love.