Discover Houses for Rent in Zachary, LA
Zachary is a residential city just north of Baton Rouge in southeastern Louisiana. The city has grown around routes 64, 19 and 964, leading to convenient access to communities in any direction. The highways in Zachary make it a great city for commuting. Homes for rent in Zachary are just 20 minutes outside the capital city. But it isn't all about work. Families renting in the city will enjoy its many outdoor recreational facilities. The Copper Mill Golf Community and Fennwood Hills Country Club are two great spots to test out some new irons. The kids may prefer BREC Zachary Park, Zachary Youth Park or BREC Rita Street Park for some baseball or soccer.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- The family-friendly city that Zachary is proud of today was nonexistent when the community started in the 1800s. Then, it was better known as a place with saloons and a Wild West attitude.
- Zachary keeps some of its history alive through the historical district. The Allison, Bauman and McHugh houses are all part of this preserved area.
- The city showcases its local food and farmers each week at the Farmers Market. The whole community comes together on these Saturday mornings for homemade pies and jams.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The city's citizens will love Zachary's website, which has local news, online bill paying and links to tons of public services just a click away.
- Zachary has four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school and even an early childhood learning center to accommodate all of the city's children. Unlike other Louisiana cities, the Zachary Community School Board isn't affiliated with the parish.
- The Zachary Police Department protects the city's homes, businesses and citizens.
Live in Zachary
This charming city is the perfect place for families to settle down, with its great government, superb schools and convenient location.