Find Your Next House for Rent in Gardiner, ME
Gardiner is a thriving city in Maine's Kennebec County. It's located south of the capital city of Augusta and east of Chelsea. The city is a popular tourist destination for its relaxed culture and old architecture, which also make it the perfect place for potential residents to find charming homes for rent. Its central location near the intersection of I-95 and I-295 makes it convenient for commuters. Gardiner also offers numerous shopping opportunities and outdoor activities for renters to take advantage of.
Interesting Facts About Gardiner
- Shipbuilding was the primary industry from the early 19th century up until the Civil War. The huge riverboats, shipyards and railways provided jobs, transported goods and helped people build their fortunes in Maine.
- Gardiner received a charter from the Maine State Legislature to officially become a city in 1849. Along with shipbuilding, paper mills, ice and shoe manufacturing helped the city grow.
- Henry Richards, his wife Laura and their family played a big role in the development of the city. They helped build the first hospital, water district, library and grammar school.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- The official website of the city of Gardiner is chock-full of resources and links that new residents will find helpful in the effort to familiarize themselves with the community. Department contact information, forms and ordinances, upcoming events and more can be found on the site.
- The Grow With Gardiner site has more information for residents and prospective renters to enjoy, including details on the Gardiner Growth Initiative.
- The Gardiner Main Street website has resources related to heritage tourism opportunities, the Gardiner Main Street Program and more.
- Check out the city's Facebook page to join in the conversation and find up-to-date info about the community.