26 Houses for Rent in Waterville, Maine
Number of Bedrooms
Waterville House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Discover Your Next House for Rent in Waterville, ME
Waterville is a city in Kennebec County, Maine. It's located on the west bank of the Kennebec River, near Fairfield and Oakland. Playing host to Colby and Thomas colleges, Waterville is a spirited, vibrant community with plenty of homes for rent for growing families to settle down in. With unique shops and restaurants, modern amenities and plenty of outdoor recreation options, Waterville is worth checking out.
Historical Facts About Waterville
- The Native Americans who lived in the area of Waterville called the village Teconnet, or Ticonic Village, as it came to be known. When Europeans took over the area, they created a plantation and named it Kingfield. Soon after, it was known as the town of Winslow, named after the general who established Fort Halifax. Later, the section of town on the west side of the river started becoming more independent, and they eventually called themselves Waterville. Finally, the western portion of Waterville branched off, first becoming West Waterville and then incorporating themselves as Oakland.
- Waterville was officially incorporated as a town on June 23, 1802. On January 23, 1888, Waterville became the 15th city in Maine.
Useful Resources for New Renters
- The city of Waterville has a comprehensive website with all kinds of links that new residents will find appealing. On the site, you can find everything from department contact information to upcoming events, local attractions, news, public forms and photo galleries.
- Waterville Main Street's website outlines the attractions, restaurants, shops and events going on in the downtown area. It's a great place to look if you're trying to find something fun to do with the family.
- Visit Colby College's website if you're interested in learning more about higher education opportunities in the area or seeing what kind of events the school is hosting for students and the public.