3,042 Houses for Rent in Bowie, Maryland
Number of Bedrooms
Bowie House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Bowie, MD
Families looking for a conveniently located city near Washington, D.C., will find that Bowie, Md., perfectly fits the bill as a commuter-friendly, family-focused community. This historic city boasts plenty of the unique charm many people looking for homes for rent in the area desire, but without compromising its modernity.
Essential Facts for Bowie Renters
- Families who want to be near everything can't find a better city than Bowie. The community is located fairly close to Washington, Annapolis and Baltimore, making it a breeze to get around.
- Bowie is home to Bowie State University, one of the oldest colleges in the country. The school, which offers a range of degree programs for students, lends a youthful vibe to the city and offers renters the chance to further their education if they so desire.
- While Bowie was once a quiet town filled with farms, it's developed into a thriving city and continues to advance and attract residents and businesses.
Resources for Bowie Residents
- Local children attend Prince George's County Public Schools.
- Bowie's website, Facebook page and Twitter feed all provide residents with information on events, how to get involved and any ordinance or policy changes.
- Local business owners can get involved with the Bowie Chamber of Commerce to increase their involvement within the community.
Things to Do While Living in Bowie
Thanks to Bowie's long history and interesting mix of cultures, there's always something for residents to do in their spare time. There are numerous historic sites and museums within the community, including the Bowie Railroad Station, the Radio and Television Museum and the Belair Mansion. There are also plenty of local parks and fields where families can get active and have fun at the same time.