Discover Houses For Rent in Timonium, MD
If you're looking for homes for rent in Timonium, Md., you'll find yourself incredibly happy with the warm and welcoming people in the community, the tremendous business opportunities and the abundance of things to do in town. The Maryland Transit Administration's light rail line, with two stops in Timonium, can take you right into Baltimore, but if you stick around close to home, you might discover some fascinating things about the community.
Interesting Facts About Timonium
- Before moving to Indianapolis, the Baltimore Colts were Maryland's professional football team, and many of its legendary members lived in Timonium. Former coach Don Shula, who went on to have most of his success coaching the Miami Dolphins, began his days with the Colts while living in Timonium, and Johnny Unitas, one of the all-time great quarterbacks, also is from Timonium.
- The Maryland State Fair calls Timonium home, and has since 1879.
Important Resources for Timonium Residents
- The Timonium town website provides heaps of useful information and resources. The town site's blog provides useful tips such as where to go to eat in the area.
- The Baltimore County Public Schools website shows you what schools are in the area.
Fun Things to Do in Timonium
- The Maryland State Fair is a tradition loved by locals and visitors alike, and it helps people get through the transition from summer to fall. Held for 11 days from the end of August through Labor Day, the fair receives countless visitors every year.
- The fair is held on the Timonium race track, where residents can spend their time watching the Alma North Stakes for fillies and mares and the Taking Risks Stakes, but there are other events held at the track throughout the year.
- Hop a train to Baltimore to check out the sights and sounds of the big city and get some of the best crab cakes in the country.