Discover Great Houses for Rent in Bellingham, MA
If you're looking for homes for rent in a peaceful but rapidly growing section of the state, Bellingham, Mass., may be the place for you. It's close enough to Boston for residents to take a day trip to experience the sights and sounds of the big city, but it's far enough away and small enough to satisfy those who want their own community.
Interesting Facts About Bellingham
- Bellingham has a fascinating history. It was initially two separate areas on either side of the Charles River, and the southern end was originally believed to be not worth settling on. However, in the early 1700s, settlers began cleaning the area and making homes. By 1713, there were enough on either side of the river to merge the two.
- While the town sat relatively still for many years, it's now one of the fastest growing areas in Massachusetts. Starting in the early 1990s, it began developing shops and restaurants and is now a major commerce hub in what's already a rapidly developing part of the state.
Important Resources for Bellingham Residents
- The town's official website is loaded with useful information for anyone working or living in the area. Because the town is growing so quickly, this site is very important for those who want to stay up to date on everything happening in their community.
- Bellingham is associated with the Milford, Mass., Chamber of Commerce. The official website is helpful for those wanting to start a business, and it also contains a calendar of upcoming events.
Fun Things to Do in and Around Bellingham
- Bellingham is right off Interstate 495 and is only a short ride down the highway from the Wrentham Outlets. These premium outlets are a great place to spend the day shopping and have many great restaurants as well.