Find Houses for Rent in Dedham, MA
Many New England towns, like Dedham, have an old colonial heritage. Dedham, however, is fully equipped for a modern lifestyle and is just a stone's throw away from the thriving city of Boston. Thanks to the town's history and proximity to a major metropolis, many may find homes for rent in Dedham to be just what they're looking for.
What Should Dedham Renters Know?
- Dedham was originally a sort of sister town to Concord, since the two were established in response to a 1635 order issued by the General Court calling for the founding of two inland towns.
- The initial structures of Dedham were built in the 17th century, including its earliest schoolhouse in 1640, saw mill in 1664 and meeting-house in 1637.
- Dedham wasn't always known by its current name, but was first called "Contentment" after its settlement in 1635. However, the town took on its current name shortly thereafter when it was incorporated in 1636.
Useful Resources for Renters in Dedham
- The Town of Dedham's official website contains helpful links to information about the many aspects of local government in the municipality.
- Public transit concerns can be addressed by paying a visit to the website of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
Things to Do in Dedham
One of the local attractions in Dedham is the eponymous Dedham Community Theatre, a movie theater that shows both big-name and independent films. If you'd like to splurge and do a bit of shopping, the Dedham Mall may be able to satisfy your needs with its shops and restaurants. There are also several parks nearby, such as Wilson Mountain State Park and the Wigwam Pond Area. Of course, Boston is only a 30-minute drive away, making it an easy choice to spend a day or evening enjoying the culture, history or nightlife of the urban center.