Find Houses for Rent in Haverhill, MA
Haverhill has been around for a while. The city has Colonial origins and its character has gone through major changes over the years. The streets of Haverhill host numerous shops and restaurants, especially on Merrimack, Winter and Essex streets. Between the city's local amenities and the manifold attractions of nearby Boston, homes for rent in Haverhill may appeal to many urban aficionados.
Interesting Facts Haverhill Renters Should Know
- Haverhill has undergone a number of transformations since its founding in 1640, from a farming community at its birth, to an industrial city and now a haven for research and computer technology.
- During the 1700s, Haverhill was home to boat yards and tanneries, but its primary industry was shoe manufacturing.
- Haverhill was incorporated as a city in 1870, though it was originally known as Pentucket.
Top Resources for Renters in Haverhill
- For information about local events and businesses in Haverhill and the surrounding area, renters can check out the Greater Haverhill Chamber website.
- The official website of the City of Haverhill has many links to assist renters and residents in municipal matters.
- Concerns about getting around may be addressed by visiting the website of the Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority for local travel or the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority for transit in the Greater Boston Area and beyond.
Fun Things to Do in Haverhill
By taking a stroll along the roads west of Main Street along the Merrimack River, renters can explore the many shopping and dining options that Haverhill has to offer, such as the popular pub the Peddler's Daughter. Winnekenni Park, on the other hand, can be a great place to spend some time outdoors, roaming one of its several trails or paying a visit to Winnekenni Castle. Renters looking to get out of the city can easily take a drive or hop on a train to Boston to explore its numerous metropolitan attractions.