Find Houses for Rent in Hingham, MA
Located just 16 miles south of Boston, Hingham, Mass., is a coastal town that boasts a safe, family-friendly environment. In this historic community, you'll find a perfect mix of homes for rent and antique properties that have stood for centuries. Continually named as a Tree City USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation, Hingham has made a commitment to maintaining beautiful foliage that can help your children forge a connection with nature.
4 Things to Know Before Looking at Hingham Rentals
- Hingham has 21 miles of shoreline on the Atlantic Ocean, and residents love to take in the view from Hingham Harbor.
- Incorporated in 1635, Hingham has a rich history that gives the town a unique vibe.
- Hingham's neighbors include charming Northeastern towns like Norwood, Brockton and Rockland.
- The town is known to be similar to Martha's Vineyard with its picturesque beaches and rolling hills.
Top 3 Resources for Hingham Renters
- Officials in Hingham are always looking for ways to update residents on improvement projects and progress on the town's official website.
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority buses run from Hingham to Boston. Check out the schedules on the MBTA website.
- The Hingham Schools Web page is easy to navigate and can help you stay on top of what's happening at your child's school.
Things to Do in Hingham
Hingham provides numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation with amenities like Bare Cove Park, Wompatuck State Park and many walking and biking trails. World's End is hailed as one of the town's greatest treasures with scenic, tree-lined paths that are perfect for horseback riding, picnicking and cross-country skiing. For history buffs, the Old Ordinary House is a must-visit, as it provides great insight into life in colonial times.