Find Houses for Rent in Salisbury, MA
Salisbury is a town in Essex Country that's about 30 minutes from the capital of Boston. Homes for rent in this area are desirable as Salisbury is a coastal town, making this spot a hot destination in the warmer months. There's also lots to explore. Check out the Salisbury Beach State Reservation, which is known for its beautiful grounds and an easy place to camp. Catch a flick at Cinemagic, or check out Pettengill Farm, which has plenty of land filled with plants and gardens.
Facts for Renters
- Like many other coastal towns in Massachusetts, Salisbury was settled very early. In 1638, the plot of land was settled by the English and named Colchester. A few years later, the name was changed to Salisbury, after a small sect in Wilshire, England.
- When roads were originally laid down in town, they formed a semicircle so that people could quickly escape and meet with others in case there was an attack. Today, those original roads now form a triangle.
- Salisbury Beach first became well known in the 1800s, as the town has almost five miles worth of land. Given the beauty of it, it soon became a tourist destination where travelers near and far came to soak up a little sun. An amusement park, shops and lodging were built.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this town a little better and find out why Salisbury Beach is so important by checking out the town website.
- Read up on local events happening in Salisbury and surrounding towns by picking up a copy of local publication, the Daily News of Newburyport.
- Figure out what parents can expect for their children on the first day of school by visiting the Triton Regional School District website.