Find Houses for Rent in Springfield, MA
Springfield is a major city located in the western part of the state. It's also the county seat for Hampden County and is 10 minutes away from Chicopee, which has the first Chick-Fil-A in the state. Aside from tasty restaurants, homes for rent here give people the opportunity to be in a city with access to major highways and airports.
There's also plenty to do. History buffs can check out The Quadrangle, a museum known for European castings and Japanese treasures. Take a trip to the Springfield Armory National Historic Site, where armor was tested for battles. If you're a Dr. Seuss fan, visit the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden, which has sculptures of all different characters from Dr. Seuss stories.
Facts for Renters
- Springfield was established by six men from Roxbury, a small suburb outside of Boston. Springfield was a desirable location because it was a crossroads between the Agawam and Connecticut River. It's location still benefits the city today that has prospered ever since its initial founding. People could easily access and visit the city via the Connecticut River and other main types of transportation. It also sits between Boston and New York and New York and Canada.
- Springfield officially became a city in 1852, after becoming a well-known trading post for fur trappers.
- The city was named after King Pychon's birthplace.
- Springfield became known for its several industries in the 1800s, mainly being metal manufacturers. Because of these developments, the United States Armory was established here, giving many locals jobs.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know more about this city and find out how you can get involved in government by visiting the Springfield website.
- Figure out what there is to do around town or just get the local weather for the week in The Republican.
- Learn more about local schools and teaching progress by checking out the Springfield Public Schools website.