Discover Houses for Rent in Taunton, MA
Taunton, Mass., is a charming Northeastern community where residents can really succeed. Homes for rent allow newcomers to enjoy Taunton's family-friendly environment and see why it's often considered to be one of the most popular up-and-coming municipalities in the region. Taunton has a rich history that residents are very proud of, and because those who live there come from very diverse backgrounds, heritage is an important part of life in this city.
Quick Facts for Taunton Renters
- Taunton is conveniently located about 18 miles east of Providence and 40 miles south of Boston, making it easy to enjoy the jewels of the Northeast.
- Taunton is nicknamed the "Christmas City" because of its vibrant display on Taunton Green each Christmas.
- The city was founded in 1639 by a group of dedicated English immigrants.
- Neighboring towns include Attleboro, Norton and Bridgewater.
Key Resources for Taunton Families
- With a motto of "Where Children Come First," Taunton Public Schools offer a great K-12 education. Parents can stay up to date on what's happening in school by visiting the district's website.
- The Taunton Gazette newspaper has a Twitter page that Tauntonites can follow for breaking local news and updates on goings-on in the city.
- The City of Taunton website contains a Web page just for residents with numerous links to helpful organizations. Check it out here.
Top Events in Taunton
Taunton's Summer Festival is the city's most unique event and takes place for eight weeks each summer in Hopewell Park. Much of the programming is designed for children and includes live entertainment, tours of popular institutions in Boston and themed adventure days. The Taunton River Festival and Day of Portugal Festival are also held annually and invite members of the community to come together for crafts, games, food and activities for children.