Find Houses for Rent in Lenox, MI
Lenox is a township in Macomb County, and is approximately 55 minutes from downtown Detroit. Homes for rent in the area provide families with the opportunity explore Northwest Michigan. Test your fears at the Haunted Farm of Terror, which can be toured every October around Halloween and even lets you shoot live zombies! Hit 18 holes at the Oakridge Golf Club-Marsh Oaks or grab a bite to eat at the Coyote's Chill and Grill.
Facts for Renters
- For years this township has been known for its waterways, including Salt River and Deer Creek. Many townspeople believe that if you begin to dig in any spot in the township, you'll uncover water at some point.
- Lenox was first created in 1837. The three oldest men in the township decided on the name, and Lenox was chosen after the other names were found to be too similar to other towns in the area.
- In the 1800s, the neighboring community of New Haven was known as New Baltimore Station. For years, the main exports of this city were lumber and foods cultivated on local land.
- When Rock Island Railroad was created nearby in 1952, the train helped bring commerce and new settlers to the area, as well as visitors. Farmers in the township could easily place their goods on the local train to have sent out to the world, instead of trying to travel to another railroad farther away to have them shipped out. Later on, three other railroads were developed in the area, helping boost the economy.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this little township and the surrounding area even better by checking out the Macomb County website.
- Read up on current events and breaking news by grabbing a copy of The Voice.
- Figure out when the first school fundraiser is or determine how to get involved on school committees by visiting the New Haven Community Schools website.