451 Houses for Rent in Livonia, Michigan
Number of Bedrooms
Livonia House Options
Find Houses for Rent in Livonia, MI
Livonia is a city in Wayne County, and is approximately 20 minutes from downtown Detroit. Homes for rent in the area give families a chance to explore this part of Northwest Michigan and find plenty of things to do outside the Motor City. Take in a little history of the Detroit-area at Greenmead Historical Park, which holds many of the famous landmarks for the area. If you're a fan of antiques, check out the Town Peddler Craft and Antique Mall, which sells many original antique goods. If you're looking for a meal, visit Bates Hamburgers, which is one of the oldest food establishments in town and is known for its quality service and juicy burgers.
Facts for Renters
- Livonia derived from the combination of the Eastern European countries Latvia and Estonia. They also were names of towns in Pennsylvania and New York, where many of the original settlers were from.
- People were initially attracted to this area for the fertile land.
- For years, this area was generally used in agriculture, with many farmers keeping cattle and sheep on their land. However, in the 1900s the town shifted drastically toward manufacturing and the car industry when the Ford Motor Company built its parts manufacturer in Livonia.
- The city later became known for horse racing when the Michigan Racing Association built a racetrack in Livonia in 1949 for $5 million. During this time, Livonia was merely a township and in order to receive a profit from the track, Livonia needed to be incorporated. So, it became a city in 1950.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this area of Michigan even better by checking out the Livonia website.
- Figure out when the first parent teacher conference is by visiting the Livonia Public Schools website.
- Learn of upcoming current events by picking up a copy of Hometown Life.