Find Houses for Rent in Monroe, MI
Monroe is a city and the county seat for the region. It is about 24 miles north of Toledo. Homes for rent in the area sit in some of the beautiful, historic neighborhoods in the region. The area also gives families plenty of things to do, including visiting the River Raisin National Battlefield Park, which teaches visitors about the War of 1812, Gen. Custer's role in it and even lets people try on uniforms from the period to take them back in time. If you enjoy sitting back and fishing, try out DownDay Charters, which runs out of Bolles Harbor and lets people find their catch of the day.
Facts for Renters
- Enjoy the scenic areas that surround Monroe by taking a day trip with the family to Sterling State Park, which sits right on Lake Erie. The park also has several hiking paths as well as a beach for children to enjoy. Grills are welcome if you're thinking about setting up a barbecue.
- Dig into the history of this county by visiting the Monroe County Historical Museum, a two-story facility that teaches visitors about Gen. Custer's role in local history as well as his family life. The museum is currently inside one of the old post office buildings, and holds several artifacts related to notable citizens.
- Watch a show at the River Raisin Centre for the Arts, which is known for its ballet productions such as "The Nutcracker." However, they also put on plays and have been known for showing popular movies in the past.
Resources for Renters
- If you're curious what else there is to do around the city, visit the Monroe website.
- Learn about upcoming city events and breaking news by picking up a copy of the Monroe News.
- Find out why the local schools in this area are so great by checking out the Monroe Public Schools website.