Seek Out New Houses for Rent in Farmington, MN
Nestled deep within Minnesota's Dakota County, the city of Farmington is a great retreat for those who are searching for a home for rent in a quiet but active area. Those in the region immediately recognize that they're part of an inclusive community of individuals willing to embrace new neighbors. It's the gorgeous vistas and happening activities that attract new renters, but it's the people who make them stay for many years.
3 Things to Know About Farmington
- As Dakota Weekly Journal writer James Down explained in 1856, Farmington was aptly named because it was simply a village of farms, marked with hard workers, rich soil and good water.
- Farmington is seeped in history - after all, it became a city before Minnesota even became a state.
- The city is relatively far from other cities, meaning that residents can enjoy peace and quiet. For instance, the nearest metro area, Bloomington, is about 30 miles away.
3 Resources for Farmington Renters
- The city's Utility Billing Department bills residents quarterly for many utilities and is the place to go with questions.
- To find out about pet ownership requirements, juvenile curfews, fireworks and other things within the community, renters should contact the Police Department.
- The Parks and Recreation Department takes care of the public areas, as well as the indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
What Can You Do in Farmington?
Renters can enjoy many small-town activities. For instance, there are regular farmers market events and events at the city's outdoor pool when the season permits. Plus, the city boasts 876 acres of park land and 45 miles of paved trails for those who want to enjoy the great outdoors. There are plenty of places for adults and children alike to get outside and stay active.