Locate Houses for Rent in Hamel, MN
Sometimes, when trying to find the perfect home for rent for their families, parents look for communities or neighborhoods rather than big cities. They'd like to know about the people behind the friendly faces their children are going to see every day and find out what fun activities are taking place right in their own backyard. Anyone looking for wholesome communities in Minnesota has no doubt looked at Hamel. Located in the city of Medina, this neighborhood is a perfect, inclusive area for new renters to start a life in a fun region.
3 Things You Should Know About Hamel
- Hamel prides itself on being pedestrian-friendly, as it's full of wide, accommodating sidewalks residents can stroll on to see the gorgeous sights in the neighborhood.
- The area was named for the Lange Hamel family, who donated land to Medina to create the train depot in 1884.
- While Medina became a city in 1974, Hamel wasn't given that title, and is known as an unincorporated city or neighborhood, but still integral to the success of Medina.
2 Resources for Hamel Renters
- Those in the neighborhood will want to check out the Hamel Community Building - not only does this building host many fun local events and boast recreational facilities, but it can also be rented out.
- People new to Hamel should check out the Hamel Lion's Club. This organization offers fun activities like flea markets and Easter egg hunts, as well as scholarships for deserving students.
What Can You Do in Hamel?
It might be worth it to take a look at the recreational areas at the Hamel Community Building, as they include basketball courts, six baseball fields, soccer fields, playgrounds and so on. Plus, in the winter, this is a great place for kids and adults who are young at heart to break out their sleds and zoom down the hill. When it's warm, the neighborhood puts on the Hamel Rodeo and the associated parade.