Discover Houses for Rent in Waconia, Minnesota
Waconia is in Carver County. Nearby cities include Victoria, Tonka Bay and Shorewood. The city is home to Lake Waconia, which where the Lake Waconia Triathlon - a half-mile swim, 20 miles of bike trails and four miles of running - takes place. The race is one of the oldest triathlons in the Twin Cities. It started in 1990 and has taken place every year since. Aside from this event, the lake is a hub for fun in the sun. Families can head to the lake and enjoy a day of boating, picnicking or hiking. The entire park has 130 acres of beaches, shelters, volleyball courts, picnic tables and grills. Living on the lake is just one reason why Waconia is a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Waconia
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants in the area. Options include Terra Waconia, Lola's Lakehouse, Ground Round Grill & Bar and El Rey Azteca.
- Golf enthusiasts can tee off at the Island View Golf Club, a semi-private 18-hole course. The club has more than 375 members, but it's also open to the public for golf and dinner.
- Tour one or all of the museums in the area. Head to the Museum of Lake Minnetonka where visitors can take a ride on a historic steamboat. The boat was built in 1906 and it took its first public cruise in 1996.
Information for Renters
- Check out the city's official website if you'd like to learn more about the community's local government, parks and recreation department or city services.
- Visit the Waconia Chamber of Commerce site to learn more about the organization or if you're interested in becoming a member.