Find Houses for Rent in Aberdeen, MS
Aberdeen is a city on the banks of the Tombigbee River in northeastern Mississippi, just south of Tupelo. Located near Route 45, Aberdeen is a classic Southern city filled with antebellum architecture, a historical port and beautiful tree-lined streets. Homes for rent in Aberdeen give families the opportunity to add to the city's history by settling down and writing their own chapter. In addition to all of the historical sites, there are plenty of local businesses, restaurants and community activities. Kids will love outdoor facilities like Newberger Park and Blue Bluff Recreation Area to the north.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Aberdeen is the county seat of Monroe County as well as the home of the U.S. District Court for Mississippi's Northern District.
- Three of the most famous area universities for academics and football are within 90 minutes from Aberdeen. Residents can go cheer on the Mississippi State University Bulldogs, the University of Mississippi Rebels or the University of Alabama Crimson Tide as they face off against other Southeastern Conference regional foes.
- In the mid-1800s, when cotton was at its peak, Aberdeen was the second-largest city in the state because of its location near waterways and large plantations.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Aberdeen has a great Web presence that can connect citizens with links to public services, the mayor's office and local news.
- The Aberdeen Police Department is in charge of protecting the citizens and businesses of the city.
- The children of Aberdeen are part of the Aberdeen School District. The Bulldogs focus on preparing children for the world after high school.
Live in Aberdeen
Aberdeen is in a beautiful rural location, giving residents stellar scenic views and easy access to anything they could need.