Find Houses for Rent in Wiggins, MS
Wiggins is situated between Perkinston to the south and DeSoto National Forest to the north. The massive green space surrounding homes for rent in Wiggins supplements in-town attractions to provide renters with ample opportunities for enjoyment.
Facts About the History of Wiggins
- The office of Justice of the Peace E. R. Davis was the site of Wiggins' first town meeting on April 25, 1904.
- Wiggins was originally called Niles City, but couldn't retain the title due to a Michigan city with the same name taking precedent. Instead, the city decided to adopt the name of pioneer Wiggins Hatten.
- The commercial section of Wiggins burned down in 1910. Afterward, city buildings were reconstructed using bricks.
Helpful Wiggins Resources
- The City of Wiggins municipal website hosts pages about government departments and an information center for renters with diverse queries.
- Parents can explore the educational landscape of Wiggins by checking out the Stone County School District website.
- An array of tools can be found at the official website of Stone County, from economic development pages to event calendars.
Recreational Activities in Wiggins
Flint Creek Water Park provides a place for water play near Wiggins rentals, thanks to its boating, swimming and fishing amenities. The park also offers water slides, a picnic area, a nature trail and seasonal events. Diners with a taste for steak can head to Western Sizzlin' for a hot meal, while Whistle Stop Cafe woos with its fried green tomatoes. For an expansive outdoor experience, renters can head to DeSoto National Forest, which is home to more than 60 miles of nature trails of several varieties. Along the Black Creek National Scenic River, primitive camping is permitted for those looking to spend a night in the wild.