Houses for Rent in Joplin, MO
Located roughly 70 miles from Springfield, Joplin is in the "four states" region - where Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas meet. Whether you're looking to move on your own or relocate with your family, Joplin has plenty of viable homes for rent.
The town was built on the zinc mining industry during the 1800s, but it became a less lucrative endeavor after World War II. However, with the famous Route 66 running through it, Joplin has never been forgotten.
Interesting Information About Joplin
- Joplin has several beautiful public parks that are perfect during summertime. Check out Schriffdecker Park on the west side or Landreth Park, just north of Route 66. There's also Cunningham Park, a stunning location to spend the afternoon with your family, as well as The Wildcat Glades Conservation & Audubon Center, which includes walking trails and more.
- If you're into shopping, stop by the Northpark Mall and the Midtown Traders Fleamarket. There's also The Candy House - Redings Mill Historic Store, where you can find antiques, candy and ice cream.
Resources for Renters
- Check out the Joplin website for information about city departments, upcoming events and the latest news around town. There are also links for employment opportunities, details about community involvement and the region's history.
- Students who live in Joplin may attend Joplin Schools, a network of nearly 20 different education establishments. Explore the district's website for more information, including bus routes, lunch menus and athletic opportunities.
- You can find the latest news in The Joplin Globe, as well as local affiliates of major networks such as CBS' KOAM and Fox 14. Stay up to date on breaking stories, weather information, nearby entertainment and sports.