Find the Ideal House for Rent in Lincoln, NE
Lincoln is Nebraska's state capital and the second most populous city after Omaha. It's also the seat of Lancaster County and houses the University of Nebraska. Homes for rent in the city afford renters access to all of the amenities they need to start a prosperous life in Nebraska.
Historical Facts About Lincoln
- In 1859, settlers near the salt basin in the southeast part of the territory organized Lancaster County. They platted a town named "Lancaster" on the east bank of Salt Creek and named it the county seat.
- A small commission chose Lancaster as the location for the state's capital because of its "mineral wealth," but there were disagreements over where the capital should be in relation to the river.
- A legislator from north of the Platte suggested "Lincoln" as the name of the new capital city, knowing that many south-Platters were political opponents of the Great Emancipator. The idea was furthered by a key anti-Lincolnite, so the site and the name were settled.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Lincoln's official website is chock-full of information that new renters will appreciate. Whether you want to learn about the local government, area attractions, upcoming city-sponsored events or need to fill out a form, everything can be found on the site.
- The Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau can help get new residents acquainted with the local community. It has guides for the best places to eat, the most fun attractions to see and the greatest places to shop, plus tons of other information about the area.
- The University of Nebraska - Lincoln's website is useful for those who are looking to pursue higher education without going too far from home.
- The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce provides residents with information about the local economy and businesses. It also features a list of upcoming events that renters and their families may want to check out.